The rusty ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Garth
Financial Member

Re: The rusty ute

Post by Garth »

Some awesome work there mate! Had a Gb120 in similair condition and I unfortunately put it in the too hard basket, nice to see that there is no such thing as too much rust to not be able to save a datsun! Keep the pics coming!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

That's just huge, how long has it taken so far?
Datsuns from A to Zed
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

WOW!!! :shock: :highfive: for the determination to go ahead and tackle a job like that. not many people would attempt a job this big, so massive credit to you

keep up the awesome work my friend
carps

Post by carps »

alrite guys a little insite...

i've had the car for roughly 8to9 months it was left for dead at this guys place i used to drive by all the time. so one day thought f**k it made him a offer of a 100bucks..... sold!!!!

so the first thing was to assess the damage and by god i thought i would not be able to bring her back to life.
but i gave it a go.... i removed the engine and everything that i could off the car. chucked her up on jack stands and went to work on the rust repair. now you could imagine how many days of sanding back surface rust plus cutting rust out of the chassis and panels and how painful it would of been! well i still have nightmares about it lol..

At the moment all the painful work has been done.i've slowly been finding pieces of the car i need off ebay and other sites but never really liked buying after market stuff but i had to with the front guards plus the doors and the tailgate but my god after market panels are the worst to line up and fit...

now i'm really hoping to get her painted before xmas so i will have more posts up next weekend of what has been done during the week.

By the way guys thanks for all the support
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Single? Unemployed? P? Other Drugs? how do you do it? That is one heck of a lot of work you have got through. I was going to comment about no life but then thought 'If I had a life and wasn't on this forum all the time I might get something done on a car too. Lol Respect man.
Datsuns from A to Zed
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

I feel your pain on the lots of work part. Really awesome work there mate. Good to see the hard work put in. That first drive you will be happier than a dog with two dicks!
My orangatang 510 here.
carps

Post by carps »

ok have been slack putting up posts sorry guys but here is a few things i have been working on there is a fair few pics so i hope you guys like them cheers....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carps

Post by carps »

well more pics and i tell ya it gets a bit depressing cleaning rust off everything you have lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carps

Post by carps »

oh yeah i got all new rubber seals plus strut inserts and strut tops and i've been redoing the front brakes i'm going to keep the dato original but it will have the shave doors and fuel cap plus the original rims with hubcaps and white wall tyres she should look pretty good...
carps

Post by carps »

just a few more pics