Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
bent 1200
Financial Member
aka: Brent

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe - VROOM VROOM!!!!.....

Post by bent 1200 »

shit thats getting serious

congrats on getting it going nothing like the satisfiying feeling of everything sounding sweet

well done :thumbsup:
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

haha, laptop for tuning? why would I need a laptop!
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Kitch wrote:Havent really progessed much since last weeks startup, although I powered up my ECU, and tried to see if it would fire the new coils.
No luck. dug a bit deeper, and looks like no signal from VR sensor, hence no RPM signal and no spark.
played around a bit with my bodgey bracket, and looks like I had wrong polarity to sensor, and too much clearance to the trigger wheel (was about 3-4mm). need to make up a sturdy bracket to get down to 0.5-1mm.
Also finally got the Toyota TPS working, weird setup. 5V ref signal + Signal return + earth, but took be ages to work out that the 4 pin plug, has a terminal blanked off on the TPS, turned out that one was the variable signal! so the one I thought was signal must have been just the idle reference signal I think, Toyota 4AGE must work differently? or maybe I have done it wrong still? but it seems to work properly.

Bit of a mess, trying to test everything, there are wires for africa.
Good to see the Desktop PC of awesomeness! hehe XD
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

The PC has two purposes Nick,
A) It is the only computer I have that has a Serial port to connect to the ECU (both my laptops dont)
B) When I am sitting on drivers side, it simulates the weight of a passenger so car sits even when I am working on it
:lol: :lol:
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

This could be a worthwhile investment since you already mentioned you have laptops

http://www.cablemax.co.nz/Home/tabid/66 ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then you can tune before you race like in fast and furious
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Kitch wrote:The PC has two purposes Nick,
A) It is the only computer I have that has a Serial port to connect to the ECU (both my laptops dont)
B) When I am sitting on drivers side, it simulates the weight of a passenger so car sits even when I am working on it
:lol: :lol:
:thumbsup: You can pick up a USB to Serial cable (per jeremiahnz's suggestion) from Dick Smiths or the like, if the mood strikes you ;)

If you need passenger simulation, I will happily volunteer XD
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

yeah I got a serial / USB adaptor, but couldnt get it to work, apparently the MS is a bit fussy with the cable adaptor.
had problem installing the drivers for the adaptor too, wasted an hour or so, so gave up and threw in old "clunky" desktop PC
DAT620
Datsun Driver
aka: J

Post by DAT620 »

Kitch wrote:yeah I got a serial / USB adaptor, but couldnt get it to work, apparently the MS is a bit fussy with the cable adaptor.
had problem installing the drivers for the adaptor too, wasted an hour or so, so gave up and threw in old "clunky" desktop PC
Real? hop eI dont have the same probs with my MS what version is yours?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

MS2 with V3 daughter board.
got it reconfigured slightly to run onboard BIP373 coil drivers (to drive my Tower coil packs)
tacho output circuit, VR sensor input etc, also I will be running wide band O2 setup.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Kitch wrote:yeah I got a serial / USB adaptor, but couldnt get it to work, apparently the MS is a bit fussy with the cable adaptor.
Yeah they can be a bit temperamental and the drivers often are terrible. We use them at work a lot..... I'll be trying to get one going when I tune my MS as I don't have serial on my laptop and all my 1990's computers are in the bin
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50