Now otisd's b310 sunny project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Surfez
Financial Member

Re: Hamilton b310 sunny project

Post by Surfez »

True, fortunately learnt a few small but important painting tips over the years. I've painted it again since the top picture as I used a cheap clear coat that gave it a yellowish look, I figured it would always bug me... after the effort of getting the colour match done it was worth another go of getting it right while I've got time and room. Hiding some ugly wiring and relays in the refit process too.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

After waiting six months for mates rates work, I collected my engine today. To my amazment the combustion chambers... after porting them are all the same cc. The rockers and push rod length are fine too. Glad to be past the mod stage on onto assembly and fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun Sunny B310 sedan, 3 Owner, Very hot A15 motor, 5 speed, lowered on 14's
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

That's one nice looking A series motor! Good stuff man keep the updates coming.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

Blocked off coolant jackets that go through to the standard inlet manifold (they have a thread in them... a screw with the head cut off works). You can also see my thread insert for the inlet manifold. An extra spark plug washer on the plugs to raise the height in the combustion chamber (after porting it stops the thread sticking out to much). Rocker angles are fine, push rod length is ok, glad i don't have to change anything for piston to valve clearance either. Some snaps of the head porting (pictures are average) but I copied a race head via pictures & impressed the owner on completion so it can be done along with some tips & pointers. You wouldn't want to port much more on the exhaust! care is required as the water jackets get within 3mm on the bottom side...watch out for rough castings with pitting it can lead to a leak or crack if your taking away lots if pitting towards a water jacket is found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Sweet looking A series goodness..... ;)

looks great, and ports & chambers look mint
if it goes half as good as it looks, it will be awesome!

great work - the wait was certainly worth it
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

great work mate.Will it me possible fr you to take some measurements of the ports for me,will be greatly appriciated :)
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

The measurements vary lots... the ports taper in as they head toward the valve, i might be able to measure the edge next time the manifolds are removed but the shape of my ports vary to match my manifold, and to get an idea, you would need so many measurements and to interpret them 100%.
Last edited by Surfez on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

At the tuning stage now, the car is heaps faster and has plenty of pull. The gearbox is changing fine thanks to the valve grinding paste on the slip rings. I've had plenty of "tricky bits" to figure out. Exhaust not fitting, throttle and choke cable set up as the carbs had come off a Toyota. Just need to fix a backfire at 2500 rpm through the carbs sometimes and Finnish an exhaust mount otherwise very pleased. I'll try post up the build details soon encase someone wants to copy the build one day. I've also found some louvers on trade me, side badges and would like to change the wheels soon to these.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Sweet looking engine bay.
My orangatang 510 here.
Surfez
Financial Member

Post by Surfez »

So shes tuned enough for now and running like a dream, still running in but the power is very nice and plenty enough for a street/club car. :dance: