my factory turbo 910 project

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dylanmccrae

Re: my factory turbo 910 project

Post by dylanmccrae »

not going for cert man, if i run the car at 100mm it sound be all legal, apart from the stretch, il just put standard wheels on for wof.. all tho the rota shakotans i had on my 30 and 70 had 195 50 on them, which is the same size wheel and tyre as the steelies and they passed a green sticker vtnz wof. also never had any issue with the police, i just always keeped the car clean and wasnt rude to them.
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

just been trying to do some research on turbos, at the moment it seems to me the z18 manifold that i have has a t3 flange. and iv seen a few z18et engines running a t3t4 to4e with a t3 flange turbo, which are cheep and would be the easy options. the other option is geting a t3 to t25/28 adapter and run a low mounted t28. or the most costy option, custom topmount manifold to a t28 turbo. can anyone tell me more about the t0e4 turbo tho.. are they any good. they seem to be very cheap? does that mean its sh*t? haha
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Those dirt cheap ones are chinese. And you're getting what you pay for. Some people have great reliability with them, and some people don't.
Most of those t3/t4 hybrids are geared more toward SR20's, and RB's. They might be a little bit on the large side for what you're wanting? Unless you're planning on really turning the wick up, I think they might be overkill.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

im only doing injectors and tune and turbo, along with simple bolt ons, exhaust, fmic, fuel-pump ect. i think i will use a big t28 or t28. with an adapter, low mounted.. i did think the t3t4 would be way to big but it seems to be what quite afew people on the internet have been running..
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

What kind of ECU are you planning on running?
The stock ECU's are a bit of a low performance antique.
I don't even know if you can reflash them?
Some time ago a bloke retrofitted ca18det ecu/mapping points to a Z18et. It ran quite good. Although I don't think he ever got around to turning the wick right up on it.
Another guy down here had a Z18et in a KE70 with a link. He was pushing some big numbers on that engine. But I think it suffered head gasket failures in the end.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

oh i was planing a chiped ecu, but if it cant be done il probley run a link. yeh iv seen some get some good hp,
Axel_7

Post by Axel_7 »

Thanks for the reply
dylanmccrae

Post by dylanmccrae »

wheels wheels wheels!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.