240z Parts

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
LYDOS240z

240z Parts

Post by LYDOS240z »

Hey, I need a left rear axle and does anyone know where I can get electronic conversion kits for my dizzy?
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: 240z Parts

Post by classicdat »

When you say axle would it be the half shaft or the hub part?
Datsuns from A to Zed
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

As for the electronic dizzy kit,theres few on trademe.they work well and easy to install.i got it on my datsun.
I guess you after the hub assembly
Zeeya

Post by Zeeya »

LYDOS240z wrote:Hey, I need a left rear axle and does anyone know where I can get electronic conversion kits for my dizzy?
I would recommend the Pertronix ignition system, its a bolt on upgrade and replaces your points in your dizzy to an optical sensor. I got mine from ebay, landed here within 7days and all for about $80 nzd.

Are you still running a ballast resistor and standard coil? I would suggest getting a high output coil and taking the ballast resister out aswell so you can run a full 12+v all the time instead of just using 12v when you are cranking up the engine and dropping down to 8-9v when engine is running.
LYDOS240z

Post by LYDOS240z »

Zeeya wrote:
LYDOS240z wrote:Hey, I need a left rear axle and does anyone know where I can get electronic conversion kits for my dizzy?
I would recommend the Pertronix ignition system, its a bolt on upgrade and replaces your points in your dizzy to an optical sensor. I got mine from ebay, landed here within 7days and all for about $80 nzd.

Are you still running a ballast resistor and standard coil? I would suggest getting a high output coil and taking the ballast resister out aswell so you can run a full 12+v all the time instead of just using 12v when you are cranking up the engine and dropping down to 8-9v when engine is running.
Im running a Bosch gt 40r 12volt with resistor??? lol