SSS 1600

For all your general datsun ramblings
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: SSS 1600

Post by Bartman »

TBH, for that kind of $$$ you could own a very very nice, highly modified 510, which would out perform any SSS, and be ten times more fun to drive.
The purist thing of owning a real deal one is nice. But I think that a bit like that 1200sss which has for sale a while ago, there's enough not correct to take some of the shine off that.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

I agree I can't see them re shelling the car and yes it's missing some vital points, but if it is SSS then
It's worth more than one that's not.
Do I buy it?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I thought you already owned a 510?
for what that car costs, you could make yours far better.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

Yup but would never be SSS ! SSS cars will value quicker Bart that's my reasoning.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

In my mind they're already over valued.........
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Bartman wrote:In my mind they're already over valued.........

Naaaah, they need to go up by another $10k at least :mrgreen:

Although being completely original seems to be the most important thing... Personally I don't think I'd want to be stuck with a L16 powered, 4 speed, non LSD, 4WD ride height, crappy brakes and 13 inch steel wheels car that loses value drastically any time you improve it.....
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

:agree:
My orangatang 510 here.
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

Worth more = is the words your looking for , because a normal 510 will value faster than a sss today. There arent that many sss so young guys realize they they are more likely to be able to afford normal one that looks the same and the demand will drive the price even faster.

Hate to say it but the approach of the sss closer to the 20k mark makes them more of a collector/old boys club car as most young fellas would spend there dollars elsewhere.

Find out who else has a sss sedan and offer them 19k for theirs , thats the easiest way to find the value these days
id suspect from the choice on trademe these days thats a fair price ,more than I thought but Ive never understood the sss hype we have here.

Ive got two older cars in my shed that id hope they increase over the years I have them but to be honest I cant see myself selling them. So im never going to "make" a cent
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

gingofthesouth wrote:
:agree:
I aint got one

So cant really agree but I do

106hp for 20k
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Great discussion!
I can see the enjoyment in owning and driving a standard OG sss. I've been on datto runs where guys in bog stock 1200 coupes (Hayden, and Brent from Oamaru) have had no trouble keeping up with the pack in open road traffic. (that said, we couldn't drive at max speed) So a standard SSS would still be lots of fun.